Making guests feel welcome is important to start off a great visit for you. Even if your guests absolutely love coming to your home, they had a little extra work and stress to prepare to leave theirs. On top of that, there was some form of traveling of that can wear guests out before they reach their destination. Having them arrive to a prepared and inviting guest room can really make a big difference!
Making Guests Feel Welcome
- Be sure guests have enough space to maneuver their luggage to the guest room.
- Remove items from the room that don’t belong in the guest room.
- Make a little room in the closet for guests to be able to hang clothes.
- Is there a bedside table for their personal items, such as wallet, phone, etc.?
- Try to have something in the room where they can rest their suitcase, so they don’t have to bend to the floor to get in it.
It’s always good to take a shower in the guest bath to go through the experience to clue you in to anything that could be improved. Here’s a checklist to keep in mind:
- Does the showerhead work correctly?
- Is the tub draining well?
- Are there enough good towels?
- Are there enough hooks or towels bars?
- Is there a wastebasket available?
- Is there extra toilet tissue within reach?
You may want to have a blow dryer in an easy place to find for your guests. Consider having a full basket of travel size toiletry items that they may have forgotten.
Then, to be their favorite host, you may want to have bedside water available and a candle burning when they arrive. To be the ULTIMATE HOST, chocolates on the pillow would be the cherry on top!
If you want our help in decluttering and organizing your guest room, please contact us for a free consultation.